The first of its kind to be built in this style, the Taber Courthouse would lead the way for similar styles to be built in Blairmore, Grande Prairie and Hanna in the 1920's.
The Courthouse was used until August of 1978, when the courts moved into their current facility in Taber.
On January 13th, 2013, the Taber Courthouse was designated a Provincially Historic place of significance. According to the Alberta Register of Historic Places, the "heritage value of the Taber Courthouse lies in its association with the administration of justice in early Alberta. It is also significant as an architectural prototype for Alberta courthouses designed prior to World War Two."