Taber Memorial Gardens, situated on the west side of 50th Street approximately 1 mile north of 64th Avenue, is a dignified place of rest and quiet remembrance. Comprised of 20 acres of level ground the cemetery has 7 acres in active use and embraces approximately 5000 burials.
The Taber Memorial Gardens bears respectful witness to those who passed before us and those whose dreams, diligence, and fortitude built the Town of Taber and surrounding areas.
Council enacted the first cemetery bylaw of the Town of Taber in the year 1923; however, the survey of the land for use as a place of rest occurred in 1909. Though it may not have been official, the residents of the area were using the current site of Taber Memorial Gardens for burials as early as 1904 and the area remains in active use today.
Taber Memorial Gardens is owned, maintained and administered by the Town of Taber and offers a variety of burial options. Non-denominational and inclusive by design the cemetery has special areas including two Field of Honor sections, and in partnership with Southland Funeral Chapel, a Columbarium. All gravesites designated as full in-ground burial sites but burial of cremated remains occur as well.
The Town of Taber Parks and Recreation Department maintain the cemetery with pride and strive to ensure the perpetual dignity of the final resting place for those buried there.
Links to local cemetery resources
Contact Us - Positive Feedback or Requests