Taber Municipal Police Commission Bylaw 2-2015
Taber Municipal Police Commission Policy Manual Revised January 2018
Council of the Town of Taber deem it proper and expedient to control the operations of the Taber Police Service through the Municipal Police Commission.
The Police Commission is an independent organization established by Council pursuant to Section 28(1) of the Police Act.
Council, in the Police Commission Bylaws, has
- Prescribed the rules governing the operations of the commission; and
- Allowed for the appointment of members to the Commission.
To work in partnership with the citizens to ensure transparent, effective, and responsive policing throughout the municipality.
To be a leader for municipal stakeholders in the civilian oversight of policing.
- Respect: We respect our people and the community we serve.
- Accountability: We are accountable to each other and those we serve.
- Honesty: We are forthright, direct and honest with our community and ourselves.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves in an ethical manner; maintaining confidentiality, trust and objectivity.
Meetings for this Commission are held in the Council Chambers in the Administration Building,
located at A – 4900 50 St. Taber, AB. The Commission shall hold no less than four (4) regular
meetings each year; meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of the month, except July, August
Current Members of the Taber Municipal Police Commission:
Ken Holst, Chair
John MacDonald, Vice Chair
Councillor Joe Strojwas
Councillor Jack Brewin
David B. McLean