What is a subdivision?
Subdivision Application Form
Subdivision Appeal Application Form
Request for Extension Form
A subdivision is a process of dividing a parcel of land into two or more parcels. This gives each parcel its own legal title. If a development application proposes to include a subdivision, a tentative plan of subdivision must be provided to the Development Authority.
When is Subdivision Approval needed?
- When creating lots for a new development
- when creating separate land titles for each unit of a duplex or row house.
- When creating separate land titles for each dwelling on a single property.
- When joining properties, or pieces of properties together under one land title.
When applying for a subdivision please submit the following:
- A subdivision application form
- A certificate of title
- A tentative plan of subdivision
Subdivision Forms (Downloadable PDF):
Subdivision Fee: $600.00 plus $250.00 per additional lot
Condominium conversion fee: $40.00 / unit
Endorsement Fee: $250.00/ lot
Subdivision Extension Fee: $250.00
Subdivision and Development Appeal Hearing Fees: $350.00 ($150.00 is refunded if appeal is upheld)
Initial CCC/FAC Inspection: $2000.00 plus $300.00/hectare
CCC inspection (when more than one is required): $250.00 / inspection (first one is free)
FAC Inspection (when more than one is required): $250.00/inspection (first one free)
For any questions regarding subdivisions please contact:
Planning & Economic Development Clerk