Show All Answers
Anyone interested in submitting must contact the Communications and Projects Coordinator at 403-223-6008 prior to the deadline for approval.
Certain circumstances that may allow disclosure include:
- The personal information is about an individual who has been dead for 25 years or more;
- Disclosure relates to the administration of the deceased’s estate and the deceased’s personal representative has consented to the disclosure;
- an Act of Alberta or Canada authorizes or requires the disclosure.
• at least 18 years old• a Canadian Citizen• has resided in Alberta for the six (6) consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day• a resident of the Town of Taber on Election Day• provide authorized identification
All voters must sign the voting register stating that they meet these qualifications before they will be given a ballot.
Note: Landed immigrants and British subjects are not eligible to vote
They cannot be filed in advance nor be filed after that date and time. Nomination forms cannot be faxed, this is not considered to be legal.
If you are unable to turn in your nomination papers, you may ask someone else to do it, providing that the form has been appropriately signed and commissioned.
1) The bag MUST be labelled COMPOSTABLE, not biodegradable. Only COMPOSTABLE bags that clearly have the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) and US Composting Council (USCC) logo are admissible. Local stores in the Town of Taber do sell these types of bags.2) You may also line your Green Cart with paper towels or paper bags.
Alley: Carts should be on your side of the alley with the wheels facing your house. Make sure the arrow on the lid is pointing to the centre of the alley. Please leave at least 1 metre between the cart and other objects, and a 3 metre space above the cart.
These coupons can be used by residents to dispose of additional waste that typically comes from spring cleaning, such as: appliances, old furniture, scraps of lumber, demolition materials, broken concrete, etc.
How it Works: Each resident of Taber will receive three (3) coupons per year. These coupons cover the disposal of 250kg of waste, and must be presented at the Taber Transfer Weigh Scale when used. The coupons can be picked up at the Town Office.
After using the formal address once, it is then appropriate to use more general terms. In a personal introduction, you would address the mayor as "Mr. Mayor" or "Your Worship," and councillors as "Councillor."
Eligible Celebrations: Birthdays: 75+, 80+, 90+, 100+ Anniversaries: 50+, 60+
Request a congratulatory message by filling out this Request Form 5 weeks before the event or you can request your Special Events Message by mail:
Administrative Services A-4900 50 St. Taber, AB T1G 1T1
Only hard-copy messages are available. One signed message will be mailed to you when you send in the following information: • Contact Person & Daytime Telephone Number • Name and Date of Event • Host Organization • Host City • Expected Participants • Photo Requirements (Black & White or Color) • Any background information about your event and organization that will help in preparing the message. (You may include a brief suggested text.) • Date Required (Please allow 5 weeks for preparation and delivery). • Delivery Instructions and Mailing Address
Request a special message by filling out this Request Formor you can request your special event message by mail:
Administrative Services A-4900 50th Street Taber, AB T1G 1T1
or by Fax: 403-223-5530
If you have a complaint about how the municipal operations of the town are done, contact the chief administrative officer at 403-223-5500 about your concerns.
If you have a complaint about the actions of Town Council, please contact the members of Town Council.